Sunday, December 4, 2011

Figuring It Out.


She is struggling to let go
Struggling to see her future without you
Struggling to close that chapter in her life
Struggling to see how her future will be. 

Thirteen years of friendship gone
Thirteen years of wondering
Thirteen years of wonderful memories
And dreading the day the freindship would end.

She will figure out who she is without you
She may not understand right now
Someday she will though
Or maybe she never will. 

She will find her way without you
Without your friendship
Without a painful memory
She will be ok without you.


I wrote this poem for a book that's published by the local community college. It wasn't accepted because it didn't fit in with the theme of the book. Little did I know there was a theme because it was not stated in the email or on their website. I am okay that it didn't get accepted but i will try again next year to get something published. I will continue to work on my writing even if I never get published because it's something that I enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment